A great recipe for a tasty, easy and healthy dinner, featuring fresh vegetables and chicken. Perfect for a twist on traditional summer barbequing.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 red, yellow, orange, and green peppers (1 of each color); quartered
- 1 onion; quartered
- Head of iceberg lettuce
- Marinade sauce – your choice. I typically use a mango and pineapple chipotle sauce. You can try teriyaki or lemon pepper or whatever you like best.
- Quarter vegetables
- Marinade chicken and cut vegetables for at least 4 hours. Use enough sauce to coat the vegetables and chicken thoroughly. Save extra sauce for serving.
- Wash iceberg lettuce and keep leaves in tact.
- Grill chicken and vegetables directly on the barbeque on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes (or until chicken is done)
- Once done, remove from grill. Dice chicken and vegetables into small, bite-size cubes. Mix together in a large bowl. Add extra marinade sauce to lightly coat.
- Assemble lettuce wraps by adding chicken and vegetable mix to lettuce leaf. Add extra marinade sauce if desired.
To change this recipe up, try using other vegetables, such as eggplant, broccoli, zucchini, or yellow squash. You can also substitute whole wheat tortillas for the lettuce.